Terms and Conditions of Wheelchair Hire
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully.
Responsibilities of the Wheelchair Hirer:
- The wheelchair hirer has to ensure that the wheelchairs maximum load weight of 18 stone (114kg) will not be exceeded.
- Any wheelchair defects must be reported to UK Wheelchairs immediately.
- The wheelchair is to be used in a correct fashion, not causing any danger to either the wheelchair occupant or to others.
- To prepare or return the wheelchair for collection when the wheelchair hire time span has been reached.
- Punctures/puncture repairs are the responsibility of the wheelchair hirer.
- Loss or damage to the wheelchair is the sole responsibility of the hirer.
- Replacement wheelchairs are billed as follows:
- Attendant Wheelchair - £250.00
- Bariatric Wheelchair - £250.00
- Childrens Wheelchair - £250.00
- Self Propelled Wheelchair - £250.00
- If the wheelchair was collected from our depot then the wheelchair has to be returned to the same depot.
- If the wheelchair was delivered then the wheelchair has to be packed in the same way as it was received.
- When the wheelchair is ready to be collected it is the responsibility of the wheelchair hirer to contact UK Wheelchairs Wheelchair Hire on Freephone: 0800 0556377.
- Wheelchairs can only be returned between Monday and Friday.
- UK Wheelchairs wheelchair hire do not collect wheelchairs on weekends or bank holidays.
- If at any stage during the hiring period the wheelchair should be defect, the hirer is responsible to contact UK Wheelchairs using the freephone number: 0800 0556377.
- If the wheelchair is defect it is not to be used in any form until it has been repaired or replaced by UK Wheelchairs Wheelchair Hire.
- If the wheelchair has a puncture then it is the responsibility of the wheelchair hirer to repair or have the puncture repaired.
- UK Wheelchairs do not accept responsibility of the use of a defect wheelchair which causes damage or injuries.
UK Wheelchairs Wheelchair Hire does not accept any responsibility for misuse or use of a wheelchair that is not safe. All wheelchairs that are hired from UK Wheelchairs are delivered in full working condition. All wheelchairs supplied by UK Wheelchairs either for sale or for wheelchair hire meet all British Safety standards for wheelchairs.
UK Wheelchairs request that the wheelchair seat belt be used at all times of occupancy for safety reasons.